‘Learning Improvement Program’
LIP is designed for the students in elementary grades (III-V) having difficulties in reading and writing in Kannada Language (native language in Karnataka). It is believed that the child’s competency in the mother tongue will make a difference to study other subjects like Math, Science and Social Science. To ensure an increase in the level of reading and writing, the animators (para teachers) are trained and provided with necessary materials to conduct after school classes/ remedial for two hours before and after depending on the child’s convenience.
• To improve learning levels of children having poor grade and subject specific learning competencies
• To provide better learning environment and opportunities for children studying in government schools.
• To reduce drop outs caused by lack of interest in learning’
• Grade and subject specific Learning Improvement Programs (LIP) at school level.
• Supplementing department run remedial teaching initiative
70 Government Primary Schools of Yadgir block, covering 1750 children for the year 2014-15. Till date Kalike has reached 4250 children having difficulty in reading and writing in Kannada.