Kalike is looking for an experienced professional to be part of the Water & Sanitation (WASH) initiative in Yadgir district, Karnataka. S/he will provide operational support to all functions of WASH activities. S/he will work under the daily supervision of the Project Director and with the Executive Director.
Positions location: Yadgir District, Karnataka
Program Officer – WASH
The overall mandate of the role is to support the WASH intervention of Kalike. The Program Officer will assist the Project Director and lead programme persons in developing and supporting the Trust’s WASH initiative. The job will entail working, both independently and as a part of the team with potential stakeholders.
- Overall monitoring of drinking water, sanitation & hygiene project being implemented in Yadgir and provide management and coordination support to team members.
- To develop innovative approaches/ ideas in WASH sector and try to implement in the field to develop proof of concept. This can include development of regional federations of water committees, special strategy for involvement of women in decision making process of sanitation, etc.
- To facilitate development of Behavioral Change Communication (BCC) strategy to bring change in community practices for adopting safe sanitation and hygienic practices and to avoid defecating in open.
- Monitor technical aspects of drinking water and sanitation components – especially on quality of physical interventions.
- To develop budget / annual work plans for each programmatic and non-programmatic aspects of the project and track utilization of the same on periodical basis.
- To coordinate with various donor agencies for resource mobilization and compliance of the grant letter terms and conditions.
- To ensure appropriate audit mechanism is put in place for partner organizations and programmatic budget utilization.
- To develop monitoring mechanism, impact indicators and Management Information System (MIS) to track the impact indicators for WASH projects.
- Provide programmatic and technical support to project team and Implementation Support Agencies (field implementation partners) (ISAs) for strengthening thematic engagements, building partnership with various stakeholders and organizational development.
- To oversee implementation of various programmatic activities such as drinking water distribution systems, sanitation, water resource management, water quality monitoring and surveillance, etc. of the WASH initiative.
- To undertake data management, preparation of monthly/ quarterly and annual progress reports and submits to all donors / government organizations, etc.
- To undertake process documentation activity such as progress reports, annual report, case study, etc. to develop thematic library of the organization. Participate in internal review and reporting systems including preparation of status reports and proceedings of meetings.
- Organize and undertake field visits to ensure quality of implementation and document the same in Back to Office Reports (BTOR).
- State level coordination for partnership with Rural Development and Panchayat Department.
- Identify External Resource person for support to various components of programme. e.g. Sanitation, training and capacity building of ISA staff as well as village level leaders.
- Facilitate baseline survey and impact assessment exercise on periodical basis.
The Candidates should:
- Be a Post Graduate in WASH or related disciplines.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in the WASH sector.
- Has a strong knowledge on Kannada language and working knowledge on English.
- Possess strong communication skills and leadership qualities.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment.