Background: Parag is the flagship programme of the Tata Trusts that focuses on promoting children’s literature in Indian languages through supporting book development, setting up vibrant libraries, offering capacity building courses and sector building. School and community based libraries are key vehicles to ensure access to quality children’s literature and creating life-long interest in reading among children.
Kalike, a registered Trust in June 2012 focuses on improving the quality of elementary education in Karnataka. Kalike has been seeded by Tata Trusts. Presently Kalike is operating in the area of Early Child Development (ECD), Education, Livelihood, Skill Development and Water & Sanitation within Yadgir block of Yadgir district, Karnataka.
The Parag initiative of the Tata Trusts would be implementing library programme in Yadgir with, its associate organization, Kalike in the next five years. A Team Leader & Coordinator for the Library programme is being sought for initiating and leading their programme. Position would be on the rolls of Kalike.
No. of Positions: 2
Location: Yadgir, Karnataka
Reporting to: State Coordinator (Library Programme)
- Support functional and well equipped libraries in identified schools in Yadgir distict
- Help design relevant library schedule and activities in schools supported
- Constantly dialogue with school principals and teachers.
- Identify school teachers interested in capacity building and organize sessions for them.
- Visit the schools and demonstrate library session/activities
- Coordinate with panchayats, school management committees and parents
- Take up fund raising at the local level as and when required
- Organize community/book melas at regular intervals
Educational Qualification: Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree.
Experience: One to two years relevant experience working with schools, field programmes, preferably in the library or primary education area; immediate graduates are also encouraged to apply.
Core competencies: Training and capacity building, project management, keen interest in literacy and reading programmes, fluent in Kannada, interest to learn about library management and reading.