Kalike is looking for an experienced professional to be part of the Education initiative in Yadgir district, Karnataka. S/he will provide operational support to all functions of Education activities. S/he will work under the daily supervision of the Program Director and with the Executive Director.
Position: Program Officer
Roles & Responsibility:
The overall mandate of the role is to support the Education intervention of Kalike. The Program Officer will assist the Program Director and lead programme persons in developing and supporting the Trust’s Education initiative. The job will entail working, both independently and as a part of the team with potential stakeholders.
- Lead the education intervention in designing, implementation and evaluation
- Provide support to the education team in Yadgir through regular mentoring and monitoring of the programs
- Develop robust practices while working with teachers and village animators working with children with focus on direct implementation in Yadgir
- Closely work with key stakeholders including DIETs / BRCs working on teacher education to promote sound practices and reform of the sector
- Independent handling of projects pertaining to education / teacher development with focus on Yadgir block
The Candidates should:
- Be a Post Graduate in Education (M.Ed/MSc)/Social Work/Psychology or related disciplines.
- Have strong understanding of the present government education interventions being implemented in Karnataka.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in the area of teaching, training teachers, working with schools/SDMC/community etc. Experience in working with government systems and structures (DIET, BRC etc). [Preference would be given for experience in working in rural sector]
- Possess knowledge on computer/digital literacy, educational technologies etc.
- Has a strong knowledge in Kannada and English.
- Possess strong reporting, documentation (Kannada and English), communication skills and leadership qualities.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Any other responsibilities, as assigned by the organization from time to time.